We survey thousands of engaged and married couples every year to get a sense as to how they plan their weddings. One of the many categories we ask about is hair and makeup.
Our biggest takeaways from The Knot Real Wedding 2017 survey hair and makeup results? The majority of couples are hiring a professional makeup artist and hairstylist for their weddings and spending more than ever before. See all the incredibly useful wedding hair and makeup insights and information below!
Overall Wedding Hair & Makeup for 2017
1. On average couples and their bridal parties are spending on average $966 for hair and makeup services (that's up from $893 in 2015). Assumes a 5-person bridal party.
Wedding Makeup Insights for 2017
2. 68% of brides hired a professional makeup artist for their wedding (that's up from 65% in 2015)
3. 78% of brides worked with a professional had a makeup trial before the wedding
4. 43% of brides paid for their bridal party's professional makeup
5. 44% of couples hired more than one makeup artist for the wedding day
Wedding Hair Insights for 2017
6. 75% hired a professional hairstylist for their wedding (that's up from 74% in 2015)
7. 61% of couples hired more than one stylist for their weddings
8. 47% of brides paid for their bridal party's hair
9. 80% of brides working with a professional had a hair trial before the wedding
Photo: Sara Wight Photography