Did you miss The Knot B2B August webinar? Meghan Ely, owner of OFD Consulting, joined us to share tips and tricks on building your reputation in the wedding community. Maintaining a professional and personable persona in this industry is of the utmost importance, and Meghan is an expert in how to make this happen.
Her top tips for building a great reputation are:
- Decide what you want to be said about you. Choose 1 or 2 main things you want to be known for doing very well. Warning: Don’t try to be the best at too many things.
- Figure out what is already being said. Crafting a plan is easier if you have an accurate view of how you are perceived.
- Identify your targeted publics. Who controls a wedding reputation? Everybody else but you. Once you know your key influencers, you'll know where to target your messaging.
- Identify Key Channels. Your logo, marketing material and website all contribute to your brand and reputation.
- Make it happen. Put your planning in action. Whether on Facebook or in person – always be sure you are putting your best foot forward!
Watch the full webinar replay here.
And remember! The Knot Best of Weddings 2014 review deadline has been extended until October 6, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CST. You need 10 reviews to qualify for Best of Weddings consideration. Once you qualify, winners are chosen based on overall ratings in their market and category.